When I say I use to love coffee, well that’s just an understatement. Oh who am I kidding — I still LOVE COFFEE! I’m not sure when my love of coffee started, but there’s nothing like waking to a warm bold cup. So when I quit coffee cold turkey I felt like part of what made the morning special was missing. That was until I found an amazing coffee alternative.
The Coffee Addiction.
I remember growing up and on Saturday’s we’d get to have a cup of coffee with a lot of cream and sugar after we finished our morning chores. We kids thought we were so big! I’m not sure if my love of coffee began then, but by college I was living off coffee to stay awake to study. Not realizing then that coffee was acidic, my stomach problems began then.
Through the years, I’ve always had coffee in the mornings. Well, except for when I was pregnant. But coffee and I just go hand in hand — we’re BFF’s!
Before the accident and my hair loss I was consuming almost a pot of coffee a day, not to mention a trip to Starbucks. I thought I was being healthier by switching to 1/2 caf. Boy was I wrong! Coffee, regular or decaf, wrecks havoc on our bodies. Caffeine is definitely not good for one with an autoimmune disorder.
First off, it is a drug. If you’ve ever tried to quit, you realize how much caffeine affects your body. Withdrawals take days to fight through — the headaches, fatigue, and moodiness.
Caffeine raises blood pressure and heart beat increasing your risk of heart attack. It also inhibits collagen production of the skin, effects adrenal fatigue, and accelerates bone loss. The list of negatives for coffee consumption go on and on. Please do your research. With google at your fingertips there’s no reason you shouldn’t learn first hand how bad coffee is for you. I did and I quit cold turkey. I’m now thankful for my coffee alternative! I’ve included affiliate links to the items below for your convenience. Read here for my full disclosure.
The Best Coffee Alternative
I never knew tea could taste so much like coffee. About the time I had given up on having the hot rich bold taste every morning, I found this perfect coffee alternative.
3 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
8 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 bag Teeccino French Dark Roast Organic
- 6oz boiling water
- 1 TBSP of Nutiva Coconut Manna (optional)
- Heat water to boiling in an electric kettle.
- Place one tea bag in your favorite 6oz mug.
- Pour boiling water over the bag in the mug.
- Let steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Optional: Add coconut manna.
- Sip and enjoy this perfect coffee alternative.
- Teeccino French Dark Roast Organic — This is by far my favorite! I never knew tea could taste so much like coffee. About the time I had given up on having the hot rich bold taste every morning, I found this alternative. This tea is organic, non-GMO, caffeine and acid free. The perfection of this drink comes from the chicory root and ramon seeds. You might not believe me about this tea, so I encourage you to try it. If we lived closer, I’d invite you over to savor a hot cup with me.
- I mostly drink my morning coffee black and this dark roast coffee alternative provides that bold taste I love.On those occasions when I want to make it a little fancy, I’ll add some coconut manna for extra creaminess. It’s just simply divine. Who needs Starbucks when you can have this heavenly taste?
- Because my morning routine is so special, just plopping my mug in the microwave does not work. So I invested in an electric kettle and it’s perfect. It’s now the morning sound that I love.
Making the Switch
Detoxing is no joke. But I’m sure you’d rather a week of unpleasant side effects (proof that caffeine is a drug), to bring you to a healthier lifestyle in the future.
There are two ways to quit — cold turkey or taper off your caffeine consumption over the course of a week. Either way the choice you make will lead to great health benefits.
Why not make French Dark Roast organic tea and begin your new lifestyle today?